Set on moving from Phoenix to Portland, Oregon? Whether you’re moving for a job, to be closer to family, or you’re just ready to escape the heat of Phoenix, you may be feeling both overwhelmed and excited about your upcoming move. Without the right help, a long-distance relocation can be a stressful and exhausting experience. Here’s how our Phoenix to Portland moving company can help you enjoy everything you’re looking forward to in The City of Roses without a complicated moving experience.
Table of Contents
What Moving to Portland Is Like
Excited about your big move? Ahead of hiring Phoenix to Portland movers, you’re probably wondering what living in Portland, Oregon will be like. Phoenix and Portland are very different with different lifestyles and climates.
You can start by comparing the Phoenix vs Portland population. Portland is home to 654,000 people with a metro area of 2.4 million. Phoenix is home to 1.68 million people with a metro area of 4.7 million, dwarfing Portland.
The average home price in Portland is $485,000 compared to $317,000 in Phoenix. In exchange for this higher cost of living, you’ll actually get to enjoy changing weather and green everywhere you look. Portland is one of the greenest cities in America and not just when it comes to its eco-friendly policies! With plenty of rain and a warm to cool climate, you’ll actually have a lawn after moving to Portland.
Portland is also known for its culture, music, and art. Portland boasts many classical institutions like the Portland Opera and the Oregon Ballet Theatre. It boasts one of America’s most vibrant music scenes with several independent movie theaters like the famous Hollywood Theatre. Portland is famous for street food, specialty coffee, and breweries. It’s one of the best cities in America for craft beer with many beer festivals held throughout the year.
With so many to offer, from its great climate and amazing culture, it’s easy to see why so many people turn to a Phoenix to Portland moving company to make this life-changing move!
Benefits of Moving from Phoenix to Portland
What’s prompting your move to Portland? You may be looking for a fresh start in a new city, an escape from the Phoenix heat, or simply a better quality of life. There are many reasons people choose to move from Phoenix, AZ to Portland, OR:
- Escape the heat! When you compare Phoenix vs. Portland weather, it’s no contest. The Phoenix climate doesn’t have much besides summer, and the actual summer is unbearably hot and dry. After moving to Portland, you can say goodbye to bleached outdoor furniture, high water bills, and the need to carry bottled water everywhere and say hello to varied weather, rain, and snow.
- Better schools. Arizona recently ranked as the third-worst public school system in the U.S. If you’re moving to Portland with kids, you can benefit from a much better school system and one of the top two cities for retaining a high number of college-educated people.
- Less urban sprawl. Phoenix is known for its huge urban sprawl which makes it hard to get to anything on the other side of the city. You’ll spend a lot of time driving in Phoenix with limited public transportation. While Portland ranked 10th in the U.S. for public transit, Phoenix came in at #55.
- Great job opportunities. Portland is one of the country’s fastest-growing metro economies. Along with strong job growth, you’ll enjoy opportunities in many industries like marine shipping, manufacturing, technology, and breweries.
It may be the City of Roses, but living in Portland isn’t all roses. The cost of living in Portland vs Phoenix is higher. You need $5,200 in Portland for the same standard of living you get with $4,330 in Phoenix according to Numbeo. You may also have some adjustments to make after your move aside from moving on from the Phoenix cost of living. Portland is known as a very liberal city while Phoenix is in the much more conservative Maricopa County.
Phoenix to Portland Movers
Relocating from Phoenix to Portland doesn’t need to be a stressful experience. Professional Phoenix to Portland movers can give you not only peace of mind but save you from many hours of exhausting packing, heavy lifting, and driving.
Phoenix residents turn to a Phoenix to Portland moving company for many reasons:
- Enjoy a safer, easier move without worrying about driving a large moving truck for over 1,000 miles.
- No heavy lifting saves your back and your friendships!
- Professional packing saves you time and gives you peace of mind knowing your belongings will be safe.
- An efficient, planned-out moving day performed by professional movers means no last-minute surprises or logistical challenges.
- Storage can be included with your move if your belongings won’t be ready at your new home just yet or you need temporary storage in Phoenix.
Why Mentors Moving & Storage Is Your Top Choice for a Phoenix to Portland Moving Company
Don’t trust just any movers for your long-distance relocation. You deserve a moving company you can trust to protect your belongings and ensure they are delivered to your new home on schedule and on budget. Be wary of movers who promise too-good-to-be-true rates, have little history in the area, or are not licensed.
Always look for the following to choose a long-distance moving company you can trust for your Phoenix to Portland move:
- Licensed, insured, and bonded for your protection
- Proven track record in the area
- Low claims rate
- Positive online moving company reviews
- Background checked movers you can trust, not temporary crews
Mentors Moving & Storage has proudly served Phoenix residents since 2006. Founded on principles of community involvement, customer care, and hard work, Mentors Moving & Storage performs more than 1,200 moves per year including long-distance Phoenix to Portland, OR moves. Our team of experienced movers complete a 160-hour training program and are thoroughly vetted for your protection. Check our 5-star reviews on Yelp and Facebook then give us a call to get started on your big move with trusted movers who will help from beginning to end.
Phoenix to Portland Moving Cost
How much does it cost to move from Phoenix to Portland with movers? Not as much as you may think with customizable moving services to fit your budget. When you request a free moving quote, it will be based on several factors like:
- Moving dates
- The volume of your belongings
- Accessibility of your home
- Level of services such as packing services or labor and transportation only
- Storage needs
Contact Mentors Moving & Storage for a free Phoenix to Portland moving estimate. We’ll help you adjust the factors within your control for the help you need within your budget. We offer free in-home and virtual estimates to give you the most accurate quote possible.
Phoenix to Portland Distance & Travel Information
After your belongings are packed, loaded, and on their way to your new home, how will you travel to Portland? The distance from Phoenix, AZ to Portland, OR is 1,277 miles with several options for making the trip.
Most people moving from Phoenix to Portland make the drive. The fastest option is to take US-93 N to US-95 N then take NV-376 N to US-50 and then I-80 W into Oregon. From there, you’ll eventually take US-20 W into Portland. This route takes you through Las Vegas. An alternate route that takes about the same amount of time instead takes you through California passing through Los Angeles, Sacramento, then Eugene, OR.
Don’t feel like a 20-hour drive? You can fly from Phoenix to Portland nonstop with a 3-hour flight on carriers like Alaska, American, Southwest, and Frontier. A one-way flight will usually cost $100 to $200. Phoenix is served by the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) and Portland is served by the Portland International Airport (PDX).
You can also take a train from Phoenix to Portland, but this option isn’t cheaper than flying and takes a long time. Amtrak is the only train connecting the cities and the schedule is limited. You’ll pay an average of $200 for coach Amtrak tickets and $600 for rooms but there isn’t a single route. Instead, you’ll have mixed service on three segments:
- North Phoenix Metro Center Station (PXN) to Amtrak Train Station Maricopa (MRC)
- MRC to Union Station in Los Angeles (LAX)
- LAX to Portland, OR Union Amtrak Station (PDX)
On the final two segments, you can upgrade to sleeper rooms with station lounge access and complimentary meals.
View this post on Instagram
Ready to get settled into your new home in Portland? Mentors Moving & Storage is a leading Phoenix to Portland moving company ready to exceed your expectations. Give us a call at 480-376-1009 for a free moving quote today!