Scottsdale, AZ is known for its gorgeous championship golf courses, luxury boutiques, and a large number of 5-star resorts. Anyone searching for the best 55+ communities in Scottsdale will find the area is scattered with loads of fun things to do, high-end restaurants, lush parks, and so much more. Newcomers to the area will discover plenty of beautiful neighborhoods that are the right fit for their personality and lifestyle needs.
Table of Contents
What is a 55+ Community?
Though it may seem fairly obvious, local 55 and older communities in Scottsdale include condo associations, apartment complexes, housing developments, and other neighborhoods that are for people who are at least 55 years of age. These aren’t assisted living facilities or nursing homes, but rather focus on providing a nice atmosphere for seniors who are looking to remain healthy and active.
Most nearby Scottsdale 55+ communities have one goal to provide a safe space where seniors can enjoy a life that is separate from young families, kids, and loud attractions. These locations are designed to be a place where anyone 55 and older can get to know new people their age and spend quality time with their spouse and close friends.
Benefits of Living in a 55+ Community
As a senior looks through the best Scottsdale retirement communities, they can escape the hectic and busy areas that are otherwise packed with people of all ages. Instead, individuals who are 55+ years old can enjoy community events, social clubs, fitness centers, and a variety of other convenient features. Most amenities will vary based on the location and what they’re close to.
In many of the top-rated 55+ communities in Scottsdale, residents can get the most luxurious experience as service providers assist with many of their day-to-day responsibilities. This could be laundry, yard care, cleaning, cooking, and much more.
Before deciding where you want to live, you’ll want to consider what the most trusted retirement communities in Scottsdale have to offer. You can keep your active lifestyle while spending time with neighbors your own age.
8 Best 55+ Communities in Scottsdale
1. Scottsdale Shadows – Top-rated 55+ Community
With 13 apartment buildings that were built from 1974 to 1984, Scottsdale Shadows has steadily grown into one of the most reputable Scottsdale 55+ communities. Located only about 1.5 miles from downtown, this popular place to live offers a wide variety of features including its own private golf course, swimming pools, and more.
Surrounded by local parks, convenient gyms, and other nearby things to do, residents will never be bored living in this community. Two of the most fun places to visit in the area are Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament as well as the Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West.
- Address: 7800 E Camelback Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Website: https://scottsdaleshadows.org/
- Phone: (480) 994-0433
- Amenities: Tennis courts, fitness centers, library, computers, golf course, three swimming pools, outdoor barbecues, art studio, ceramics classes, and woodworking shop.
2. Atria Park of Sierra Pointe – Best Retirement Community in Scottsdale
For over 15 years, Atria Park of Sierra Pointe has been home to seniors as they enjoy all the popular neighborhood has to offer. About 13 miles north of downtown Scottsdale, it is in a quiet and safe part of town. Their property has comfortable apartments with multiple floor plans to choose between.
View this post on Instagram
Among the many nearby activities, a couple of the top attractions in the area include Scottsdale Horizon and the McDowell Mountain Golf Club. People living here will also have convenient shopping close by at stores like Target and Costco. As a top-rated 55 and over community in Scottsdale, there are also plenty of parks to enjoy.
- Address: 14500 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
- Website: https://www.atriaseniorliving.com/retirement-communities/atria-sierra-pointe/
- Phone: (480) 767-9800
- Amenities: Swimming pool, theater room, salon, barbershop, game room, library, and fitness center.
3. Belmont Village Senior Living Scottsdale – Cozy Place for Local Seniors
Since its founding in 1997, Belmont Village has built new retirement communities all over the country with a current total of 27 locations. Found about 12 miles northeast of downtown, their active 55+ community in Scottsdale has provided a safe place to live for many years. They have either studio or one-bedroom apartment residence plans designed for cozy, quiet living.
Close to the Kierland Commons mall, residents of this property have plenty of great shopping and interesting places to visit. Among the best things to do are at La Cucina Bistro & Wine Bar as well as the Arizona Boardwalk.
- Address: 13850 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
- Website: https://www.belmontvillage.com/locations/scottsdale-arizona/
- Phone: (480) 210-8356
- Amenities: Chef-prepared daily meals, heated swimming pool, supervised fitness club, salon for men and women, scheduled transportation, social activities, and housekeeping.
4. Andara – Nice Amenities & Pleasant Senior Apartments in Scottsdale
Located about 13 miles northeast of downtown, senior residents living in Andara are surrounded by loads of enjoyable things to do. Their property offers private apartment rentals and convenient amenities. You can take fitness classes, which are taught by professional instructors to help boost your mood, strength, and overall health.
When you’re in the mood for a round of golf, head over to the beautifully-landscaped Ancala Country Club for a day on the links. One of the best places to eat nearby is George & Son’s Asian Cuisine restaurant with a great menu of Chinese and Southeast Asian food. If you ever need to do some shopping, there is an Albertsons and a Dollar Tree around the corner.
- Address: 11415 N 114th St, Scottsdale, AZ 85259
- Website: https://cadencesl.com/community-news/andara-senior-living/
- Phone: (480) 451-1800
- Amenities: Utilities included, DirecTV satellite, internet, heated pool, patio or balcony, and pet-friendly.
5. The Springs of Scottsdale – Trusted Place for People Over 55
The team at The Springs of Scottsdale has more than 10 years of experience providing a quiet, comfortable place to live for seniors. Their property boasts restaurant-style dining in a casual bistro as well as a front desk concierge whenever you want to find something new such as the top-rated Carlsbad Tavern restaurant.
View this post on Instagram
Multiple golf courses like the Continental Golf Club can be found close by, along with other nice places to visit like local parks and museums.
As rental apartments, this 55+ community in Scottsdale has a set monthly fee for its residents, making it easy to budget throughout the year.
- Address: 3212 N Miller Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Website: https://thespringsofscottsdale.com/
- Phone: (480) 941-9026
- Amenities: Scheduled transportation services, personal laundry service, housekeeping, barbershop, salon, heated swimming pool, and a hot tub.
6. Paradise Peak West – Active Adult Community in Scottsdale
While it is about 23 miles away from downtown Scottsdale, people living at Paradise Peak West are never far from fun activities and neat places to visit. Two of the top attractions that are close to this community are the Aviano Community Center and the Musical Instrument Museum.
As a great place to live in Scottsdale for people over 55 years old, this property offers new as well as pre-owned manufactured homes for sale. You can find a lot that fits your needs and preferences and make it your own following the purchase. This provides seniors with more opportunities for decorating and making it feel like home.
- Address: 3901 E Pinnacle Peak Rd #339, Phoenix, AZ 85050
- Website: http://www.theparadisepeakwest.com/
- Phone: (480) 515-2043
- Amenities: Golf course, athletic fields, basketball courts, tennis courts, swimming pool, and a community clubhouse.
7. Pueblo Sereno Mobile Home Park – Scottsdale’s Top Community for Manufactured Homes
As the only Scottsdale 55+ community on this list that is south of downtown, the Pueblo Sereno Mobile Home Park is only a few miles away from some of the most popular destinations in the entire Phoenix metropolitan area. It is just down the road from the spectacular Desert Botanical Garden as well as the highly-rated Phoenix Zoo.
Beyond these beloved attractions, residents of Pueblo Sereno enjoy easy access to nearby parks and Casino Arizona.
Newcomers can search through the many beautiful manufactured homes within the community to determine which property will be right for them.
- Address: 8350 E McKellips Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85257
- Website: https://silverkingco.com/community/pueblo-sereno/
- Phone: (480) 312-2330
- Amenities: Resort-style pool & spa, stocked fishing lake complete with fountain water feature, putting green, fitness center, billiards, card rooms, and pickleball courts.
8. Tuscany at McCormick Ranch – One of the Most Beautiful 55+ Communities in Scottsdale
One look at the entryway into Tuscany at McCormick Ranch is enough to take your breath away and make anyone want to live there in an instant. Over 30 years ago, the founders wanted to create a gorgeous 55+ community in Scottsdale where seniors could live the life of their dreams. Tenants are able to rent apartments and choose between a handful of comfortable floor plans.
View this post on Instagram
Upon moving to this neighborhood, residents will be able to visit nearby activities at places like Bowlero Via Linda. It’s also easy to find nice places to eat next to the community at destinations like KoKo Boba Tea House.
- Address: 9000 E San Victor Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85258
- Website: https://www.mbkseniorliving.com/senior-living/az/scottsdale/tuscany-at-mccormick-ranch/
- Phone: (480) 900-4519
- Amenities: Putting green, community gardens, activity center, heated pool, spa, and game room.
Map of the Best 55+ Communities in Scottsdale, AZ
Discover the Best Community for You
Thanks to this helpful list of the top 55+ communities in Scottsdale, you’ll be able to find your new home in no time at all. Whether you’re looking for an apartment to rent, a manufactured home, or a house, there are options in this city for every need and lifestyle.
Have you made the decision to move to a local community in this area? Turn to the top-rated Scottsdale movers here at Mentors Moving to handle your entire transition. Contact us today by calling (480) 376-1009 or filling out the Request a Quote form at the top of this page to get a free moving estimate!