As the capital of Arizona, the city of Phoenix offers many great benefits including fun things to do and nice weather for most of the year.
Newcomers relocate to Phoenix for a variety of reasons that could be related to family changes, a new job, or retiring. Some people may be looking for a new place to plant their roots and start a family, while others may be moving to the area for school.
While a move is usually an exciting step with new opportunities, it brings with it many changes and considerations. From moving costs to packing and transporting your belongings, there are quite a few things to think about before your relocation to, from, or within Phoenix.
Before the transition, it’s important to take some time and calculate the cost of moving in Phoenix. There are many items to consider when looking through Phoenix moving rates such as the type of move and whether it’s a local or long-distance change.
Factors That Affect Your Moving Costs in Phoenix
When it comes to a local relocation, the cost is typically calculated with an hourly moving rate. Any conditions that affect the amount of time your transition takes will have an impact on your Phoenix moving costs and budget.
Putting all of these factors together and then multiplying them by the hourly rate for your Phoenix relocation will give you the final price. The main items that will affect your costs include:
- Volume of your belongings: The number of possessions you own will determine how long it will take to move everything.
- Packing: If you choose to hire professional movers in Phoenix that offer packing services, this will be added to your final price.
- Moving supplies: An efficient Phoenix moving company will bring their own relocation equipment, but any supplies they use to assist you will be charged to your bill.
- Location access: While easy access to the front of your home won’t impact your price, any additional distance movers have to walk to reach your front door will lead to a higher rate.
- Stairs: If your home or apartment has multiple levels, the extra time and effort will be factored into your Phoenix moving quote.
- Furniture assembly/disassembly: Although most moving companies are willing to assist with disassembling and reassembling furniture, this will cost extra.
- Traveling distance: The traveling time and distance from one location to another will also be considered as part of your costs of moving in Phoenix.
- Special assistance: There are plenty of other items that can change your moving rate including relocating a piano, handling fragile antiques, extra equipment requirements, etc.
Full-Service Movers vs. DIY Moving in Phoenix
Many people try to move in Phoenix by themselves and end up regretting it as they get deeper into the process. You have to rent a moving truck, gather all of the moving supplies, and get help from as many friends or family members as possible.
The benefits of hiring a team of reputable Phoenix movers are well worth the investment and offer many benefits.
While you should learn the moving costs in Phoenix, it’s always nice to know the advantages you can enjoy when bringing in the right company to help you. They’ll provide you with a stress-free relocation that saves you a great deal of time and money.
DIY moves in Phoenix are much more difficult, making the expertise and experience of a dependable moving company invaluable. They’ll provide you with all the moving supplies that are needed and will even offer packing services.
You can rest assured that your furniture will be protected as they’re safely wrapped and loaded onto specialized moving trucks. In the end, your safety is the most important factor as a good team will help you avoid the back pain that comes with doing the heavy lifting on your own.
Average Moving Costs in Phoenix
How much do movers cost in Phoenix? Local Phoenix moving estimates will depend on many of the factors mentioned above, but knowledgeable movers will provide you with clarity on what to expect.
The average hourly moving rates in Phoenix will also be affected by the size of your location because of the amount of furniture each type usually has. This may also mean that additional movers may need to be sent for the job. While some relocations may only need two movers, a larger project may require three or more, leading to higher moving costs in Phoenix.
An expert moving company will walk you through this decision and help you make the right choice so you have the best relocation experience possible.
Cost to Move a 1 Bedroom Apartment in Phoenix
If you are moving out of a one-bedroom apartment, these transitions only need two movers and take between 3 to 6 hours. Once you know how long it will take, you can then multiply that by the hourly rate in Phoenix.
Cost to Move a 2 Bedroom Apartment in Phoenix
Most relocations out of a two-bedroom apartment need three movers and about 3 to 6 hours of time. If the job takes longer, then that will be factored into the calculation for your moving costs in Phoenix.
Cost to Move a Home in Phoenix
Smaller homes generally take between three to four people and 4 to 7 hours of work. You’ll be able to multiply that time with the Phoenix moving rate you were given to determine your final estimate.
Larger locations will be calculated based on their size and the anticipated amount of time as well, making it important to discuss what items you’re transporting and the services you need. Keep in mind that the distance you are moving to or from Phoenix will also be a factor.
Tips to Make Your Phoenix Relocation More Affordable
Are you wondering how to reduce your cost of moving in Phoenix? There are plenty of steps you can take to lower your final moving estimate and pay less for relocation services.
- Get rid of junk: Whether you have items you no longer use or junk sitting around your home, getting rid of these things ahead of time will mean less work for your movers.
- Pack your own belongings: If you take the time to get packed by yourself, you can remove this from your final Phoenix moving costs.
- Break down furniture: Any items that you can disassemble on your own will make the movers’ job easier and lead to lower moving rates in Phoenix.
- Check with HOA/Landlord: Some property owners have specific requirements for moving, so check with them beforehand to ensure you’re following the right procedure.
- Provide clear instructions: If you can quickly guide movers through the process and help them know where items go, they’ll be more efficient and quicker.
- Offer drinks and snacks: Any moving company will appreciate a little pick me up before or during the move, which gives them more energy and keeps them hydrated.
How To Choose a Phoenix Moving Company
There are a handful of things to consider when picking the best movers in Phoenix. A few things worth checking during your search for the right crew include:
- Reviews on Google and Yelp
- How many years of experience they have
- The number of moves they’ve completed successfully
- Their claims rate
- Whether they are licensed and insured
- Their customer satisfaction rate
- The services they offer
At Mentors Moving, we’ve been providing exceptional relocation solutions since 2006 and have received many happy reviews on Google. Handling more than 1,200 transitions per year, we offer the most affordable moving rates in Phoenix. We provide peace of mind by ensuring all of our movers are fully background checked and put them through a 160-hour training program.
Additional Phoenix Moving Tips
How much should you tip movers in Phoenix?
An industry standard to use as a guide for tipping is $25 per person or splitting 18-20% of the total Phoenix moving cost between the crew members.
Ultimate Phoenix Moving Checklist
We’ve created the Ultimate Phoenix Moving Checklist to help you know all the right steps that will lead to a successful relocation. Get a head start on the planning process and make sure your upcoming transition is quick and easy.
Make sure the lights are on and the water is running at your new location by reading our Phoenix Utilities Guide. It goes over the various utility providers in Phoenix and the basic steps in getting them all set up ahead of time.
Get an Affordable Moving Quote in Phoenix
Now that you know what to expect from Phoenix moving costs, it’s time to find a team that can provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Work with the professional Phoenix movers here at Mentors Moving and enjoy a simple, smooth relocation! Give us a call today at (480) 619-8240 or find out your moving costs in Phoenix by filling out our Request a Quote form for a free moving estimate!