Santa Rosa International Moving Company
REQUEST A QUOTE
Moving, in general, can be stressful, but an international move can be a mixture of excitement, anxiety, and feeling overwhelmed with an endless to-do list. But there are plenty of ways to make this transition seamless. As the best Santa Rosa international movers, we will help you navigate the unknowns and challenges of moving to a new country. Here at Mentors Moving, we service Santa Rosa, all of Sonoma County, and the Santa Rosa-Petaluma Metropolitan area.
What Is A Santa Rosa International Move?
While an international relocation often refers to a move overseas, Mentors Moving focuses on international moves to Mexico and Canada (by truck). Here are some different terms and phrases that’ll get used during this transition:
- The origin agent: A local company in charge of performing a visualized survey of your relocation
- The freight forwarder: This company helps to pull together all of the details for importing and exporting your household goods and items
- Consolidating warehouse: If your items don’t fill an entire shipping container, then your belongings will get consolidated and put into other shipping containers that aren’t full
- Export/origin port: Once your items get placed into the shipping container, they are then taken to port and loaded onto the ship
- The shipping line or Carriers: Then your belongings get shipped to your new country by a large vessel
- Destination port: After your items arrive in your new home country, they are unloaded and go through one final inspection before getting cleared by customs
- Customs: A custom official is in charge of handling exports and imports for their designated country
- Destination agents: These individuals will handle everything from taxes, paperwork, and procedures to help ensure a successful and seamless relocation to a new country
Whether you’re looking to relocate to a new country because of a job, attending college, looking to experience a new culture, purchasing a house, being closer to family, or exploring, Mentors Moving is here to help make this process and transition as seamless as possible.
How To Move Overseas With Mentors Moving
Consider hiring a full-service Santa Rosa International moving company like Mentors Moving to handle all of the logistics for you. Most international moves can take between 3-6 weeks for your belongings to arrive at your new destination.
When you work with the best Santa Rosa International Moving company, here are some of the services you’ll get:
If you have any questions about our Santa Rosa International Moving services, we are always here to answer your questions.
How Much Does A Santa Rosa International Move Cost?
While there is no one size fits for the cost of your out-of-country move, factors can influence the price. Besides the price of the moving company, there are additional fees like visas and travel costs.
The three most common methods of moving for an out of country relocation are by truck, air, and ocean. When moving to Mexico (selected parts) and Canada, a truck gets used to transport your belongings. Air can be expensive, so it’s only for small shipments, and then by sea, your items get added to containers and put on ships.
There are three main sizes of containers:
- 20 feet long: allows for 33.2 square meters of belongings or 1,172 cubic feet of volume
- 40 feet long: gives you 2,120 cubic feet of volume or 60 square meters of items
- 40-foot high cube: perfect if you need a taller container space
Another aspect that can influence the cost for shipping your belongings in cargo containers is based on if you need a full or partial loaded crate.
Full Container Load (FCL): this option is where only your belongings are in the container, and you will not share the space with another person
Less Than Container Load (LCL): your items will get put to one side of the shipping container, but you will be sharing with someone else. While this option is less private, if you’re on a budget, it could be the perfect option for you since it’s generally less expensive than the full container load
After this, we can factor in additional services or factors so that you receive the most accurate International moving quote.
In addition to the variables that we mentioned above, a final cost of an International move is influenced by:
- The country you plan on moving to and your current origin
- The weight and volume of the belongings you plan on transporting
- Additional services like packing (at your current place of residency) and unpacking (at your new destination)
- Needing storage here or in your new country
- Customs and paperwork fees
- If you plan on shipping your vehicle
- When you plan on relocating because the summer months and the weekends are more expensive than the winter months and a weekday
Our highly experienced crew members are here for you every step of the way. To receive an accurate estimate, reach out to our customer service team, and we will schedule an in-home or virtual assessment.
International Moving Tips From Santa Rosa
While we couldn’t cover all of the tips and tricks for International moving, we promise that our professional crew members will help make this transition seamless.
Here is an international moving checklist:
Agencies and Resources for International Moving
- USA.GOV– A great website that shares essential resources for US citizens before traveling and relocating outside of America
- STEP– Make sure to register here with the U.S. Embassy’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, so you can get notified by the embassy in case there is an emergency within the country
- The U.S. Embassy or Consulate– You can find the necessary contact information for the consulate in the country you plan on moving to
- International Driving Permit– Planning on getting a driver’s license in your new country? AAA is authorized to issue you an international driving permit
- The U.S. Department of State– You can find up-to-date information regarding all of the countries, covid status, and necessary contacts
Choosing the Best Santa Rosa International Moving Company
Finding the top Santa Rosa International Moving company to transport your prized possessions to a new country doesn’t have to feel impossible. To help you find the best team, make sure to ask the following questions:
- What are your Google Reviews?
- What International countries can you help clients move to?
- How many years have you been in business?
- What is your insurance?
- Are you fully licensed?
- How many crew members do you have on your team?
- What is the moving process for an International relocation?
- Do you offer any special International moving services?
- How many International moves (on average) do you perform each year?
- Since opening, how many clients have you served?
Our fully trained Santa Rosa crew members have the proper experience and training to handle your International move. Currently, we offer International relocation services for both Mexico and Canada. We are here to make your relocation as smooth as possible. Our team is here to help with transporting your items, disassembling and reassembling your pieces of furniture, and ensuring everything goes seamlessly.
As the best Santa Rosa International movers, Mentors Moving is a hardworking, trustworthy, reliable, and dedicated team of International moving crew members–here to help you. We service Santa Rosa, all of Sonoma County, and the Santa Rosa-Petaluma Metropolitan