The concept of aging brings with it a sense of wisdom and knowledge, while also offering renewed opportunities for retirement and relaxation. This time in a person’s life means they can start looking into senior living in Phoenix, AZ so they’re able to decide where they want to live during their “golden years”.
Depending on the needs of each individual, this great city offers a variety of options to consider including both independent living, assisted living facilities, and retirement communities in Phoenix. Looking through this helpful list will set you off in the right direction to determine which places are safe and comfortable, while also providing the amenities you want.
Table of Contents
1. Avista Senior Living North Mountain – Great Place for Seniors in Phoenix
Peace of mind and a sense of comfort are standard feelings for people living at Avista Senior Living North Mountain. As a trusted assisted living facility in Phoenix, this location has long been considered a reputable place for local seniors to get memory care, help with activities of daily living, and other services they require.
Offering clean, cozy apartments, their property ensures that each resident has access to their on-site staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. People residing in the community enjoy various perks including three nutritious meals a day, fitness programs, planned outings, and local activities.
Many seniors could qualify for the Arizona Long Term Care System (“ALTCS”), which may help cover some of the costs involved with living here.
- Address: 350 E Eva St, Phoenix, AZ 85020
- Website: https://avistaseniorliving.com/north-mountain/community/
- Phone: (602) 892-8788
- Amenities: Chef-prepared meals, social programs, shopping trips, transportation services, exercise programs, barbershop, hair salon, library, and outdoor patios.
2. Fellowship Square Phoenix – Top-rated Senior Living Property
With options for subsidized independent living and assisted living, Fellowship Square is a popular place for seniors living in Phoenix. Their property features multiple room types including one-bedroom apartments, two-bedroom apartments, and two-bedroom garden homes.
They have open floor plans to make the area feel more spacious and comfortable. Each space has a kitchen, washer and dryer, and large closets.
Spanning over 20 acres, the grounds are gorgeously landscaped and offer multiple garden areas. They have walking paths, bocce ball courts, koi ponds, and even a dog park for your pets.
- Address: 2002 W Sunnyside Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85029
- Website: https://www.fellowshipsquareseniorliving.org/campus/az/phoenix/
- Phone: (602) 833-4330
- Amenities: Emergency call system, refrigerator, dishwasher, stove, planned social activities, housekeeping, Bible studies, fitness center, and a community pool.
3. Park Terrace at Greenway – Comfortable Assisted Living in Phoenix
If you’re looking for the best places for assisted living or independent living in Phoenix, don’t forget to take a look at Park Terrace at Greenway. Originally home to an Embassy Suites hotel, it offers a resort-style atmosphere with a classy feel for its residents.
Newcomers can decide between either one or two-bedroom apartments as they enjoy the many features found around the property. Enjoy getting to know your neighbors as you play cards together, catch a movie in the private theater, or partake in happy hour at the open bar.
Along with these great amenities, residents get access to assistance with the activities of daily living and other services.
- Address: 2577 W Greenway Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85023
- Website: https://www.parkterraceseniorliving.com/
- Phone: (602) 375-1777
- Amenities: Art classes, discussion groups, billiards, bingo, shopping trips, fitness programs, tennis courts, ping pong, cooking demonstrations, and creative writing courses.
4. Pueblo Norte Senior Living – Safe Space for Phoenix Seniors
Offering both short-term and long-term stays, Pueblo Norte is often considered in the conversation about Phoenix senior living options. Their community offers assisted living services as well as independent living, memory care, rehabilitation, and more.
Experience buffet-style dining throughout the day, take part in recreational activities, attend social events, or simply spend time meeting new seniors within the complex. There are more than enough amenities and property features to keep locals happy and healthy while living in Pueblo Norte.
- Address: 7090 E Mescal St, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Website: https://www.fivestarseniorliving.com/communities/az/scottsdale/pueblo-norte-senior-living/
- Phone: (480) 948-3990
- Amenities: Housekeeping, physical therapy, dining options, library, beauty salon, barbershop, and social clubs.
5. Olive Grove Retirement Community – Enjoyable Independent Living in Phoenix
Constantly seen as one of the best retirement communities in Phoenix, Olive Grove has so much to love. Their trained on-site staff is always standing by to provide kindness and the highest quality of service to residents who call this location home.
Olive Grove offers the most spacious senior apartments in Phoenix with multiple floor plans to choose from. As an independent living property, they also have assisted living services, memory care, and respite options.
- Address: 3014 E Indian School Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Website: https://www.stellarliving.com/communities/olive-grove-assisted-living-memory-care/
- Phone: (602) 957-7021
- Amenities: Dining room open 24/7, complimentary laundry facilities, beauty salon, barbershop, movie room, balconies, library, computer office, and emergency response team.
6. Beatitudes Campus – Highly-rated Senior Living Community in Phoenix
Established in 1965, the Beatitudes Campus recently received an award as 2021 Best of the Desert among retirement communities in Phoenix by AZCentral. They have adapted their location to growth and provide residents with beautiful, spacious apartment homes.
People living there don’t have to worry about a thing as the property offers utilities, housekeeping, linen services, yard maintenance, scheduled transportation services, satellite TV, wi-fi, and so much more.
Their on-site conveniences further add the to benefit of calling this area home as residents have access to four restaurants, a full fitness center, a gift shop, a thrift store, and a library. You’ll never have to leave this beautiful property if you don’t want to thanks to the never-ending supply of resources they provide.
- Address: 1610 W Glendale Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021
- Website: https://beatitudescampus.org/
- Phone: (602) 995-2611
- Amenities: Pets allowed, security, gift shop, housekeeping, utilities included, wi-fi, phone service, library, dog parks, and a hair salon.
7. Deer Valley Senior Living – Trusted Place for Seniors
As a Cadence Living property, there is so much to enjoy about Deer Valley Senior Living and the benefits they offer to local residents. While they were only recently established in 2016, they’ve quickly grown to have numerous properties all over the United States.
People living there often feel it is one of the top retirement communities in Phoenix due to the level of enrichment and care that is provided. Residents get extra support with their activities of daily living as needed along with individualized assistance when required. This includes various aspects like bathing, getting dressed, managing medications, and transportation.
- Address: 20221 N 29th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85027
- Website: https://cadencesl.com/communities/deer-valley/
- Phone: (623) 233-5277
- Amenities: Activities of daily living, security, housekeeping, internet, phone service, library, barbershop and a hair salon.
8. Hawthorn Court at Ahwatukee – Reputable Phoenix Senior Living
Active senior living in Phoenix can be found at the gorgeous property of Hawthorn Court at Ahwatukee. This great destination provides a strong sense of independence as they offer wellness services and so much more.
Their objective is to ensure everything living there has the opportunities and resources they need to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle from day to day. This includes engaging activities, planned social events, cocktail parties, fitness classes, learning courses, and beyond.
- Address: 13822 S 46th Pl, Phoenix, AZ 85044
- Website: https://hawthorncourtseniorliving.com/
- Phone: (480) 598-1224
- Amenities: Memory care, Life Enrichment program, physical care, social gatherings, classes, and fitness sessions.
FAQs About Phoenix Senior Housing Options
What are senior living options in Phoenix?
The choices for senior living in Phoenix will vary based on how much care and support the individual needs from day to day. A few of the most common options for these residences include assisted living facilities, independent living properties, and retirement communities.
What is the difference between independent living vs assisted living?
You’ll get a unique experience and a higher level of personal care at an assisted living facility than you will at an independent living community. Assisted living will generally include the added services of memory care and help with the typical activities of daily living.
How much does senior living cost in Phoenix?
As you consider the cost of senior living in Phoenix, the average for assisted living services is around $3,700 per month. This is about $200 lower than the Arizona state average.
Seniors who relocate into an independent living community or a retirement home will likely pay much less on a monthly basis since the personal care services will be minimal.
Phoenix Senior Living Map
Find the Best Senior Living in Phoenix, AZ
From independent senior living to retirement communities in Phoenix, we’ve put together the list above to give you a headstart in finding the perfect place for you or your loved one. You can determine whether there is a need for assisted living or an active senior adult community instead.
Do you need senior moving in Phoenix? The team at Mentors Moving provides the best services for seniors in the area to ensure the relocation is as simple as possible. Give us a call today at (480) 376-1009 or complete the Request a Quote form above for a free moving estimate!