There are endless reasons you might choose to relocate from Bakersfield to Los Angeles, but here are some of the most common reasons: wanting to be closer to family, getting married, a new job opportunity, attending college, or even just a change of scenery.
We understand that the change that comes with relocating isn’t always easy, but it doesn’t have to be stressful. With the top-rated team of movers, we can help reduce your stress, save you time, and give you peace of mind during this life transition.
What Moving to Los Angeles is Like
Los Angeles is a city that a lot of people dream of living in. Here is some essential information to know about this breathtaking city before relocating!
- The flavor/culture of Los Angeles: Artistic and full of diversity
- Geographic location: Located in Southern California, and has the best of both worlds because you have easy access to both the ocean and the mountains
- What it’s known or famous for: Hollywood, the tv/movie industry, and the beautiful scenery
- The population of Los Angeles: 3.98 million
- Median household income: $67,418
- Median rent cost: you can expect to find an apartment in the range of $1,545 up to $7,995+ depending on your needs and wants
- Average age: 36
Moving from Bakersfield to Los Angeles- What you Need to Know
Are you interested in relocating to Los Angeles but curious about the differences between Bakersfield and LA? Here’s everything you need to know!
Breakdown of Bakersfield
A family of four should make $75,929 per year to live comfortably in Bakersfield Metro Area, according to the Economic Policy Institute.
The overall crime in Bakersfield is higher than the average in the state of California by 65.8%.
When buying a home, you can expect the median price for a house to be around $390,000.
Except for December through February, Bakersfield is a hot and dry desert climate. And there is usually only 6.36 inches of rain a year.
Breakdown of Los Angeles
According to Economic Policy Institute, a family of four should make $102,226 per year to live comfortably in Los Angeles County.
While the overall crime rate is slightly higher than the state average by 12.4%, there are plenty of neighborhoods and areas in the city that are safe and family-friendly. Plus, it is 53.4% safer than Bakersfield.
In Los Angeles, if you want to buy a home, the median pricing is $1,100,000
As one of the most “diverse cities in the United States,” Los Angeles provides a place where everyone feels welcomed. If you’re looking for a nice neighborhood to live in, here are some of the most popular areas: West Hollywood, Venice, Brentwood, Echo Park, and Bel Air.
When it comes to the weather in LA, it’s said to be known as a Mediterranean climate. The reason is because of the hot and dry springs and summers with rainy and moderate temperatures in the falls and winters.
The Metro is the public transportation in Los Angeles, and you can find everything from the bus, railway, subway, and biking information.
The environment and culture in Los Angeles is an artistic and diverse community. Some of the most popular creative industries are: acting, photography, directing, & music.
If you love sports, you will have a great variety of teams to follow: Lakers, Dodgers, Chargers, LA Galaxy, Rams, Clippers, and Los Angeles Kings.
Pros & Cons of Living in Los Angeles vs. Bakersfield
- Pro living in Los Angeles: Artistic, diverse, and family-friendly
- Con living in Los Angeles: Higher cost of living
- Pro living in Bakersfield: Lower cost of living
- Con living in Bakersfield: Higher crime rate and less things to do
Overall, Los Angeles, compared to Bakersfield, is a better option because it is lower in crime, has more activities to do, is family-friendly, and has something for everyone.
Bakersfield to Los Angeles Movers
When hiring a professional long-distance Bakersfield to Los Angeles moving company, the list of benefits is endless. Rather than handling the details of your relocation yourself, the crew members will take care of everything–saving you time and energy while giving you peace of mind! Here is a list of some of the services you can expect:
- Professional-grade boxes and packing materials
- Loading your furniture and belongings into the moving truck
- If needed, storage in Bakersfield or in Los Angeles
- Driving and delivering your items
- Reassembling the pieces of furniture in your new home
- Packing by our team of experts (optional)
- Coordinating the details of your relocation by a personal Move Coordinator
- Placing boxes and furniture in desired rooms
You deserve to have a seamless transition to Los Angeles. When you work with the #1 long-distance crew of movers, you will receive nothing but the best service!
Why Mentors Moving is Your Best Bakersfield to Los Angeles Moving Company Choice
Choosing a long-distance moving company for your intrastate relocation from Bakersfield to Los Angeles doesn’t happen overnight. It’s okay to take your time and ask plenty of questions during the process. Before signing on the dotted line, make sure to get the answers to these questions:
- What is your claim rate?
- On average, how many relocations do you perform each year?
- What equipment do you have to ensure my belongings will arrive safely and without damage?
- Do you have the proper insurance?
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have good Google Reviews?
- Over the years, how many customers have you served?
- Do your trucks have GPS? If so, can I track the location in real-time during the drive?
- How long have you been performing long-distance relocations?
Proper Equipment and Training
When finding a one-of-a-kind relocation company, you want to take note of their equipment and how they train their employees.
- The age of trucks
- Professional size moving trucks
- Furniture blankets
- Dollies (both for furniture and boxes)
- Wardrobe boxes
- Shrink wrap
- Specialized training
- If they follow the proper procedures
- How long the crew members have been with the company (on average)
Besides our years of experience and dedication to providing grade-A service to our customers, Mentors Moving makes sure to have the best-of-the-best equipment and supplies. Our state-of-the-art trucks, along with all the standard supplies that we mentioned above, and highly-skilled crew members that go through a 160-hour training program, make our team the top long-distance movers!
Bakersfield to Los Angeles Moving Cost
The cost of a long-distance relocation from Bakersfield and Los Angeles is unique for everyone. Different factors and variables can influence your final price, so to help us provide you with an accurate estimate, we need to know as much information as possible.
- The distance between your current home in Bakersfield and your new place in LA
- Total volume or weight of your belongings
- The date or time of year, because summer moves are more expensive than winter, and visa versa, with weekends costing more than a weekday
- Specialty items
- Additional services (i.e., packing and unpacking, and storage)
To help provide you with an accurate quote, we need to perform an in-home or virtual walk-through. If you’re interested, reach out to our team of experts, and we’d be happy to provide you with a free estimate!
Bakersfield to Los Angeles Distances & Travel Information
After your items get picked up from Bakersfield, it will be time to start the journey to your new destination, Los Angeles. Most people will drive, fly, or ride the train to LA, so here is the information you need to know before your trip.
Driving from Bakersfield to Los Angeles
Los Angeles is 113 miles away from Bakersfield. If you drive the average speed limit and there isn’t any traffic, you can reach your new city in 2 hours while the fastest route is taking the freeway 1-5 S.
The beauty of driving is that you can stop to stretch your legs and even see popular sites along the way. Passing through the rolling hills of the Grapevine, spending a few hours riding roller coasters at the amusement park, Six Flags Magic Mountain, or checking out Griffith’s Observatory are some of the attractions you pass during the journey to your new home.
Flying from Bakersfield to Los Angeles
A popular airport in Bakersfield is Meadows Field, and you will fly into Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). Based on the average flight, you can expect to pay around $170 for an economy seat. The total time (with one-stop and no delays) will take you 5 hours.
Traveling from Bakersfield to Los Angeles by train
While there are a couple of train trip options routes through Amtrak from Bakersfield to nearby areas–if you want to go straight to Los Angeles, you can expect that it will take 3 hours long and cost you an average of $17.75 for a one-way trip.
Are you thinking about moving to Los Angeles, CA? As an award-winning company that provides the best relocation services, each crew member is highly-experienced and goes through 160 hours of training before starting in the field. At Mentors Moving & Storage, we believe in only providing one-of-a-kind services. Call (661) 325-6683 for a free estimate!