Bakersfield is a wonderful, sunny California city with something for everyone, and that includes seniors. There are numerous 55+ communities in Bakersfield, each with its own unique amenities and offerings. If you’re trying to decide which option is best for you or a loved one, we understand that the process can quickly become overwhelming. So we’ve put together this list of nine of the top senior living communities in Bakersfield, so you can easily research and compare to find your perfect fit.
What is a 55+ Community?
Senior living communities are age-restricted communities designed to give residents over 55 a common community, without the hustle and bustle of kids and young people. But more than that, these communities offer amenities with seniors in mind. For example, continuing care retirement communities and stepwise communities offer options for seniors at every level of need, from independent living apartments and homes, to fully managed skilled nursing care for those with physical or mental impairments.
The Benefits of Senior Living
In addition to quiet serenity, there are tons of benefits to residing in a senior living community in Bakersfield. Imagine resort-style living at its best, where you don’t have to worry about a thing. At most of these communities, the little jobs of life, like cooking and cleaning, are simply done for you. You won’t have to lift a finger, and can instead spend your time reading on your patio or enjoying the sun on the swimming pool deck.
One other major benefit is the presence of a close-knit community of seniors, making it easy to make and spend time with your friends during the best years of your life. The majority of 55+ communities in Bakersfield also feature daily planned activities, taking the resort idea to the next level. From dance to art classes, yoga to Wii bowling leagues, these communities offer plenty of ways to enjoy your time, at no extra expense, and without the hassle of traveling.
The Best 55+ Senior Living Communities in Bakersfield
Solstice Senior Living
This senior living community offers active adult living at its best, with gorgeous apartment spaces and plenty of included amenities. Included options like weekly housekeeping and chef-prepared dining make it easy to spend your time doing the things you love!
- Address: 8200 Westwold Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93311
- Website: https://solsticeseniorlivingbakersfield.com/
- Phone: (661) 663-8393
- Amenities: Utilities included, weekly housekeeping, fitness center, cable TV, landscaped gardens, dining hall, complimentary transportation, laundry facilities, pet-friendly.
View this post on Instagram
Brookdale Riverwalk is a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CRCC) in Bakersfield, offering everything from independent living to skilled nursing and memory care. The 24-hour staff is a huge benefit to this community, which also features a multitude of floor plans to fit your needs.
- Address: 350 Calloway Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93312
- Website: https://www.brookdale.com/en/communities/brookdale-riverwalk.html
- Phone: (661) 587-0221
- Amenities: chef-prepared meals, daily events, daily check-in system, emergency response in every apartment, pet-friendly.
Brookside Senior Apartments
Spacious apartments, weekly housekeeping, and daily activities are just some of the benefits of living at Brookside Senior Apartments in Bakersfield. This active adult community is designed for folks who want a close-knit community of people their own age; plus, it’s pet-friendly, so you can bring your furry best friend with you!
- Address: 2605 Brookside Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93311
- Website: https://www.brooksidesenior.com/
- Phone: (661) 833-8833
- Amenities: modern kitchens, high ceilings, disability access, central air and heat, free transportation, guest parking, housekeeping, clubhouse, swimming pool, fitness center, daily activities, pet-friendly.
Rosewood is the only nonprofit senior living community in Bakersfield, featuring a tight-knit community of seniors with plenty of amenities and activities. The stepwise program includes everything from independent living to memory care and skilled nursing.
- Address: 1301 New Stine Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93309
- Website: http://www.rosewoodretirement.org/
- Phone: (661) 834-0620
- Amenities: Chef-prepared dining, fitness center, swimming pool, clubhouse, utilities included, housekeeping, free transportation, emergency call system in each apartment, pet-friendly.
The Villas at Scenic River
The Villas at Scenic River is a fantastic 55+ community in Bakersfield, CA, featuring one- and two-bedroom apartments, planned social activities, a media center and more! The fitness center makes it easy to stay in shape, while a pet-friendly policy means you can bring your furry best friends along.
- Address: 4015 Scenic River Ln, Bakersfield, CA 93312
- Website: http://www.villasatscenicriver.com/
- Phone: (661) 588-2400
- Amenities: Single-floor apartments, 24-hour fitness center, full kitchens, planned activities, swimming pool and spa, disability access, step-in showers, open-concept floor plans, pet-friendly community.
View this post on Instagram
Located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Columbus Estates offers premier senior living options in Bakersfield. From chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining options to a movie theater that plays the latest films, and a variety of floor plans to choose from, there’s plenty to love about Columbus Estates.
- Address: 3201 Columbus St, Bakersfield, CA 93306
- Website: http://www.holidaytouch.com/our-communities/columbus-estates
- Phone: (661) 426-2665
- Amenities: Clubhouse, chapel, fitness center, game room, hair salon, private dining room, community fireplace, kitchenettes, weekly housekeeping and linen service, free transportation, chef-prepared meals, pet-friendly.
Solera at Kern Canyon
If you’re looking for a full house as part of a 55+ community in Bakersfield, look no further than Solera at Kern Canyon. This active adult community includes a massive, modern clubhouse, along with 558 single-family homes, selling from $200,000+. A full-time activities director makes sure there is always plenty to do, or you can simply enjoy the swimming pool, fitness center and natural beauty of the community on your own!
- Address: 6000 Park Pl Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93306
- Phone: (661) 873-1125
- Prices: $200,000 – $300,000
- Amenities: Clubhouse, fitness center, pool and spa, tennis and bocce ball courts, golf putting green, arts & crafts studio, numerous social clubs, open layout homes.
Pacifica Senior Living
View this post on Instagram
Pacifica Senior Living is an assisted living facility in Bakersfield, offering skilled care and memory care to its residents, along with a long list of amenities and services. Studio and one-bedroom floor plans offer single-floor living, perfect for seniors of all abilities, while daily activities make it easy and fun to connect with the community.
- Address: 3209 Brookside Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93311
- Website: https://www.pacificaseniorliving.com
- Phone: (661) 578-5496
- Amenities: Dining, 24-hour staff on-site, emergency call system, walk-in showers, free transportation, daily planned activities, weekly housekeeping and linens service, hair salon, private dining room, pet-friendly community.
The Greens At Seven Oaks
This 55+ active adult community in Bakersfield offers upscale living for seniors, with a plethora of amenities. The community is made up of 404 homes, all built after 2005 and offering the best internal amenities. One unique benefit of this senior living community is the presence of a full golf course and country club, right next door!
- Address: 2903 Rose Petal St., Bakersfield, CA 93311
- Website: https://thegreensatsevenoaks.org
- Amenities: Gold course and country club nearby, two clubhouses, swimming pool, spa, billiards room, fitness center, disability accessible homes, state-of-the-art security systems, convenient location.
Finding the Perfect Community for You
When choosing a senior living community, you’ll want to think about your health, lifestyle preferences, the type of home you want, and the amenities you desire. You’ll also want to take into account:
- The price of the community, in relation to your retirement income.
- Do you want to rent or buy a home?
- If you have pets, will the community allow them to stay with you?
- The location of the community, especially if you have family nearby.
At Mentors Moving & Storage, we also understand that moving as a senior can be incredibly stressful. That’s why we’ve developed our senior moving services to ease your worries and provide a smooth transition. If you or a loved one are planning a move, give us a call today at 661-325-6683 to speak with a qualified moving expert.